In the heyday of early twentieth-century train travel, the Hill Grocery and Apartments, conveniently located near the train station, provided food and accommodation for arriving passengers. The grocery, at the corner of Julia St. and Wilson Ave, was built in 1905 in brick vernacular style. It was rented by Fred T. Hill in 1912, who established his grocery there, selling a variety of cakes, candy, canned goods, magazines, newspapers, and tobacco products to travelers arriving at the station. In 1926 he built the adjoining hotel and apartment building in the then-popular Spanish Revival style. Its location near the train station made it a convenient place to stay for visitors to Titusville.