Facing each other across Julia Street just east of South Washington Ave. are the sites of two of Titusville's early businesses. To the north (just to the left of the informational panel) is the building that housed Titusville’s first bank, the Indian River State Bank, established by Capt. James Pritchard in 1888. Built of brick, it was one of the few buildings to survive the 1895 fire. To the south is the site of an early grocery store operated by LaGrange native E.L. Brady. Destroyed in the 1895 fire, it was rebuilt in brick to protect it from any future downtown fires.