Perhaps the most imposing building in the commercial district, this Spanish Colonial Revival structure was built in 1924-5 for George Walker, a Miami businessman. Designed by the architect Martin L. Hampton of the Miami-based firm of Hampton-Ehman, it has three stories with a one-story arcade running the length of the façade. It originally contained thirteen apartments and twelve hotel rooms on the second and third floors with the first story devoted to retail stores and office space. In 1926 the first-floor spaces were occupied by the Ford Office Equipment Company, the Postal Telegraph Cable Company, the Clermont Cafeteria, the real estate office of J.D. Fulton, and W.H. Servant's Dry Goods Store. Note the ornamental details of this building such as the relief of the sailing ship over the central arch in the arcade.