This frame vernacular house typifies an architectural style popular during the Florida Land Boom years. Construction began in 1895 and completed by 1920. This structure first appeared on municipal maps as a two-story house with a porch wrapping around the north, east, and south sides of the two-story section. It was owned by Call Norwood, one of fifteen children born to William S. Norwood (1846-1909) and Mary E. Feaster (1850-1906) members of two of the founding families of LaGrange. Call Norwood became a commercial fisherman and served in the Coast Guard at Chester Shoal House of Refuge north of Cape Canaveral. He alternated as Assistant Police Chief and Police Chief for the City of Titusville between 1933-1941. His house has been renovated to near original condition.