Built: c. 1929
Style: Masonry Vernacular
One of the original owners of the house, H.J. Stephens, was a local physician in Titusville.
The house was later occupied by Judge Vasser Carlton. Judge Carlton was elected County Judge of Brevard County in 1940, where he served for 14 years. In 1954, he was elected Circuit Judge of the Ninth Judicial Circuit. In 1968, he was elected to the Florida Supreme Court, and became the Chief Justice in 1973.
The Old Brevard County Courthouse was named after him in 2006.