Closed and surrounded by fences, the historic Titusville train station is a reminder of earlier eras and ways of life
The establishment of Titusville as a regular stop on Henry Flagler’s Florida East Coast (FEC) Railroad in 1893 inaugurated a new era for the city. Rail connections to Northeast and Midwest cities brought an ever-increasing flood of wintertime visitors to Indian River country and points further south. The FEC constructed the Titusville passenger and cargo station as a wooden frame vernacular structure, similar to others throughout the United States in the late nineteenth century. In 1925 it was stuccoed and remodeled in the Spanish Revival style, characteristic of Florida architecture through the 1920s. This station went out of use in 1963 with the end of passenger service by the FEC. The station building is still owned by the FEC and is used for storage.