Capt. James Pritchard was an entrepreneur and civic leader who made major contributions to the development of Titusville. His family's stately residence remains a monument to their role in the city's history.
This imposing Queen Anne style home, built in 1891, by Capt. James Pritchard, has become one of the most impressive landmarks of Titusville. It was occupied by successive generations of the Pritchard family until 2003, when it was purchased by Brevard County and restored in cooperation with the North Brevard Heritage Foundation. It is now operated as a house museum complete with period furniture, much of it donated by Titusville residents. Capt. Pritchard was an entrepreneur and civic leader who was responsible in large measure for the development of the City of Titusville. He was the first to establish a bank and operated the city’s first electric generating plant. This residence features a corner tower with a conical roof, a wrap-around porch, veranda, and second floor balcony. It is surrounded by gardens sponsored by descendants of early families who settled in Titusville and North Brevard County with plaques that record family histories and stories of the area’s development.